Saturday 19 December 2009

My girlfriend and other animals


We had fun at Brisbane's Lone Pine Koala sanctuary, it is home to about 140 Koala's, which are everywhere around the place. For a fee you can hold a Koala and have your picture taken with it. To avoid paying, we reconstructed the moment with a toy Koala in the shop. I think its a bit wrong to cuddle them, their wild animals and should not treated as domestic pets.

I thought it was a bit wrong that they served Koala Burgers in the cafe on site, especially as they were presented in Turtle shell bowls. But still I supposed its more humane than eating McDonald's and using their free WIFI.

Kate had hold of the camera for most of the day, thus the pictures you can see are yet a fraction of the pictures taken, if anyone wants 300 pictures of a sleeping Koala then give me a shout. You could use them for a spot the difference competition.

I also have in my possession video of two kangaroos having sex, its too valuable to place online so send me £10 and I'll burn you a DVD. As a bonus I'll include 100 photos of Kangaroo bollocks which Kate felt the need to take. A box of Kleenex, a Koala burger with cockroach fries and your all set up for a good night.

Tomorrow we head to Byron Bay, a surf town of the Gold Coast, Kate is talking about taking some lessons as the water is a bit warmer than New Zealand where I did my surfing. So I'll be taking some photos hopefully.

We'll try and put another post up before Sydney and Christmas day, not that anyone is reading probably...

On another note, well done to Ron who has made it to the Caribbean in the good ship Zahara, he arrived earlier this week and I don't think he has been sober once since. Good job!

Tim out.

PS Happy 1st birthday to god daughter Rosie on the 23rd! That makes me sound so old!

PPS They didn't really sell Koala burgers so all you animal rights activitists don't burn a fuse.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I read this :) You have a loyal follower.

Just aswell you didn't hold the Koala, my Dad say's they've all got VD.

Hope you're having fun! It's snowing here....bye! :)

Merry Christmas! :)
Michelle
xx