Wednesday 18 November 2009

Ice work old chap




Right then, it's been a fairly action packed few days, so we'll be doing a few updates to bring you all up to speed...
...after successfully completing our sea kayaking mission we drove south to Franz Joseph for a wee spot of glacier walking. It was good fun, fairly tame (no crevasse rescue or need for Saint Bernards), but there are worse ways of spending a day and the glacier was beautiful. We had most of the kit we needed, but I was talked into borrowing a coat in case mine wasn't up to the infamous New Zealand weather. As it turned out the most we got was five minutes of drizzle and I was left plodding about in a coat far to big for me that made me look less like a female Edmund Hillary, and more like a caretaker (of indeterminate sex). See top pic - that's me at the back with the orange pack on and the huge turn ups in the sleeves!
More in a mo...

No comments: